Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 Virtual Advent Tour: Day 11

With two weeks to go to the big day, we are definitely on the countdown right now! And that means that we are already in the final two weeks of this year's tour. I can't wait to see what today's tour hosts have to share;

*Chris @ Chrisbookarama
Melissa Darsey @ Reflection of Providence




Today's quote comes from I am Half-Sick of Shadows, book 3 in the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley. Flavia is a very precocious young amateur detective who is determined to prove once and for all that Father Christmas is not real.

The quote from page 104


"Did you celebrate Christmas in Germany?" I asked Dieter. "Before the war, I mean."

"Of course," he said. "Father Christmas was born in Germany. Didn't you know that?"

"I did," I said. "But I must have forgotten."

"Weihnachten, we call it. Saint Nikolaus, the lighted Christmas tree.... Saint Nikolaus brings sweet for the children on the sixth of December, and Weihnachtsmann bring gifts for everyone on Christmas Eve."

He said this looking teasingly at Feely, who was sneaking a peak at herself in the looking glass.

"Two Father Christmases?" I asked.

"Something like that."

I gave an inward sigh of relief. Even if I did manage to bring one of them down and keep him from his rounds, there was still a spare to carry out whatever was left of the long night's work. At least in Germany.

No comments: